It’s been a great weekend so far, and it’s not over yet 🙂 I am taking tomorrow off because my family is celebrating our Thanksgiving tomorrow. My brother is in town and my sister and her family will be celebrating as well.
Here is a quick recap of this weekend:
Saturday: Ben and I went to my parents’ house for Rose Saturday. We were there by 11 and Mom and I went to a couple places in downtown Leavenworth. After that, we got some yummy Starbucks, and went grocery shopping at Wal-mart.
My sister had tried a new anti-pull harness on her dog, so we picked one up for Rose. It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! It is by the brand Yuppie Puppy and it is the Anti-Pull Mesh Harness. Rose’s harness is completely black and she was able to fit in the Medium size. I used it with her for just moments when I took her to go potty and I was amazed. I talked to Mom today and she took Rose for a walk with the harness on and said it was the best walk they have ever had. In the past, we had just used a prong collar on her, but apparently this is 100x better.
We had dinner together and then Ben and I headed home with Bandit. I finished reading It’s Not All Flowers and Sausages by Mrs. Mimi. It was one of the funniest teacher books I have ever read. Mrs. Mimi has her own blog too! I would definitely recommend stopping on by and enjoying some fun posts by her.
Overall, yesterday was a very relaxing day.
Sunday: Today was more productive (after about 1 pm). Before 1 pm, I bummed around in my jammies and snuggled with my Bandit. I watched some worthless TV and enjoyed every moment of it! Around noon I fell asleep on the couch and had a nightmare, so I decided to get up and get going with my day. I went to Wal-mart again and got groceries and picked up a harness for Bandit. His is red and black like in the picture. For the most part, I stayed on budget for groceries. If I wouldn’t have bought the harness (only $10!) and paper towels, I would have been fine.
Anyway, I came home, filled up both cars, put some washer fluid in Ben’s car, and unloaded groceries. Once things were put up and cleaned I took Mr. Bandit on a walk with his new harness. He did great! He is a very skittish dog and does not have much self-esteem. We did well at the beginning, but there were a lot of people outside and a lot of noise, so he was pretty jumpy and constantly looking around. He didn’t really pull much, though, because of his new harness. We got home and he ran straight into the bedroom, jumped on the bed where Ben was sleeping and fell asleep for at least a half hour straight. He was worn out… maybe that is a sign that we should take more walks.
I finally woke Ben up and made dinner. I grilled out at about 6 pm and I don’t know about your house, but it is pretty dark at 6 around here. I had to take a flashlight outside with me to make sure our food was ready. Dinner was good and we settled in for the evening. We watched the AMAs and be still my heart, Michael Buble won an award! So excited! He’s so dreamy 🙂 Now, I am catching up on blogging with a passed-out dog next to me and am thinking about what book I want to start next. Once I figure it out, I will let you know 🙂
Here are my positives for the weekend– 3 for each day:
1. Rose Saturday! Always a great day when we get to see our baby!
2. Spending quality time with Mom. I have always treasured spending time with my mom. She is one of my best friends and I love getting to go out with her and spend time together.
3. (Technically this one is from Friday, but I forgot to post): My wonderful husband gave me the most amazing back massage. You know how I was complaining about hauling those heavy math journals around? Yeah, he gave me a shoulder and back massage and I felt so much better afterward. He is the best!!
1. Getting groceries for the week. I hate the process of getting groceries, but I am happy that I have the money to buy groceries for my husband and I. Sometimes I lose sight of that and take it for granted. I am blessed with a job in this economy and so is my husband. We are very lucky to have the money for things like rent and groceries, as well as the occasional wants.
2. Taking B for a walk. I need to do this more often, but I am lazy. I love walking with him. I feel so much better about myself when I take a walk and I know it is good for him. It needs to become a habit.
3. Grades are all put in! I was able to put in all my grades so my midterm grade cards can be printed out and sent home tomorrow. So thankful for my wonderful co-workers who will take care of printing and sending them home… They are the best 🙂
I hope to post tomorrow, but if I don’t it’s because I am having too much fun with my family 🙂
What are you thankful for today?