I feel like a lazy blogger and photographer. I know that I have a lot on my plate these days, but I still feel like I should be able to get in a picture a day (and not just of my dogs) and a little bit of writing. Yesterday, it did not happen (I did get a picture of my dogs, but no writing).
I got home from school, took a 20 minute nap, made dinner, read some of my text book, had dog class, and went to bed. I managed to snap some photos of the dogs last night (and the night before). I need to find some new subjects.
Some good news, though, is that I think my financial aid stuff is finally working itself out. Yesterday I received an email telling me to verify my enrollment. When I checked, it said I had been approved for 9 hours, but was just enrolled in 6. I emailed the people and they just had to change that little thing. When I checked today, it was all fixed.
I looked at my awards letter and they are ready to award me with ~$13,000 for the fall and spring semesters. Say what?!? When I did the math, I need just over $3,000 to cover my tuition. Um, I would rather not be in that much more debt. I emailed the people to make sure that I read that correctly and am waiting to hear back. From what I can understand, that big amount would include tuition, board, books, fees, etc. I just need financial aid for tuition and books. I have the ability to reduce or reject any loans that are presented to me. Once I hear back from the financial aid people, I will be able to reduce my loans so that I take out the littlest amount possible.
Yesterday should have been our weekly money check-up, but since I was busy yesterday, it is here today (courtesy of My Pretty Pennies) 🙂
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on our car loan. This is a monthly amount, but it is another hit to the debt… I really need to update the sidebars. Someday I will get on it. And someday I will stop rambling.
2. Today I am thankful for my dear, darling friend. One of my closest friends used to teach in a classroom that was next door and even connected to my room. This was fantastic because there was always an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, and a desk to hide behind (and yes this did happen before). This was bad because I did not use my plan time wisely… small price to pay. Now, my dearest friend works in a different building in our district, and I don’t get to see her often at all. Today, I stopped by after work and we spent almost an hour and a half just talking and catching up. It was definitely needed and needs to happen more often.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was go to a park with my nephews and my sister. Before we went to the park we did buy cupcakes, so the entire outing wasn’t free. But the best part of the outing was sitting on the bench with my sister catching up and talking. The worst part of the outing was sitting on the bench with my sister and getting eaten by bugs.
4. I will consider this week a success if I blog each day for the rest of the week, get my homework all done, and take more interesting pictures than my dogs.
5. The best prank ever pulled on me was I really don’t know. I am sure my brother and sister pulled some pranks on my when I was younger, but nothing really sticks out in my mind. Unfortunately I am very gullible (I probably shouldn’t admit that), and I am a worrier. These two things should not go together, especially if anyone would want to pull a prank on me. Don’t get any ideas though.
And now for my lazy photographer pictures for the past two days:
Bandit has had bad allergies ever since we got him. He is in severe suffering stage right now. He scratches until he bleeds. Hubs put some lotion on him today, and we give him Benadryl twice a day. He still scratches like crazy. The nice thing about this is that we can rub his head or his tummy, and he just about melts. This is what happened here. Hubs had just gotten done scratching his head and Bandit slowly closed his eyes with his head still up and his snaggle tooth sticking out. Silly boy.
And from yesterday…I don’t get many action shots of the dogs. Bandit usually doesn’t like to play even though Rose is always looking for some fun. Here, Rose is checking out Bandit, and Bandit is trying to avoid. He just got done licking his lips or yawning… That’s why his tongue is hanging out just the tiniest bit. He doesn’t seem to happy to have Rose that close to him.
Have a great Wednesday! I hope to be back tomorrow 🙂