I thought it would feel different. I thought it would feel like a bigger milestone, but I still feel like the same lame blogger, just chugging along. 100 posts, and I really feel about the same as I did when I wrote #99. Oh well… On to better things:
I am exhausted yet again. I was at school from about 7:10 am until 5:00 pm. I came home and took about an hour and a half off and have been working on school stuff ever since (for about 2 hours.) I have one more thing to do, but it won’t take long at all.
I am hoping that with next week being a full, “regular” week, my schedule will become a bit more normal, and I won’t be doing as much at home either. I really hope that because my Masters courses start on Monday. It is going to be quite a lot to juggle in the next few months (or few years), so I better get prepared for it.
With everything that will be going on in my life, my posts may become a bit more sporadic. I would hope to at least continue posting every other day, while taking pictures every day. It may just be that my pictures continue to be of Rose and Bandit. With that warning, I apologize to my loyal followers. I hope to remain a staple in your lives.
I promised yesterday that I would have my weekly money check-in. Without further ado, here it is:
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on dog medication… I think. I know it is horrible that I don’t recall, nor do I have the energy to look on my online banking or my finance spreadsheet. Just go with it.
2. Today I am thankful for one of my student’s parents who has been helping me get stuff done this week. She comes into my room at least once a day to see if there is anything at all that she can help me with. She also brings ideas from the other first grade classroom and offers to help create anything that would help me implement the ideas. She is fantastic!
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was have lunch with my coworkers. We decided to brown-bag our lunches almost everyday to make it cheaper, and we met in a classroom and ate. It was a good chance to get together again since we are all spread out and in different buildings this year. PS… My coworkers are pretty much my second family.
4. I will consider this week a success if I survive first grade. I have survived the first two half days (and as much as it pains me to say this, I actually have enjoyed them), but the next two days are full-days, and one of the days includes a field trip to the pool. These days will be the real test.
5. If I had today off, as sad as it sounds, I probably would have gone in to work. I have so much to do and so much to think about for next week, that I don’t feel there are enough hours in the day. I am hoping to be able to stay away from school this weekend and just bring home everything I need to work on. Wish me luck.
Here is my picture from yesterday. Everyone loves a good snaggle tooth… even when it’s a bit blurry. I also love that this little guy has the ability to put one ear back and one ear forward. It makes it a little difficult to figure out how he is feeling.