I have missed you, my blog readers. I hate that I am so busy and tired in the evenings that I don’t always get to post.
I don’t feel like writing in cohesive paragraphs, so I am going to give you a list of things going on lately.
1. This was a short week because of Labor Day. It seemed like a very long week at school. By Friday I was losing patience very quickly. We did survive without too much trouble though.
2. I am sick of homework. I came home from a last minute gathering with some friends and had to write a lesson plan reflection. It took a good hour or so to get it done. Why do professors make work due on Fridays? It really is no fun. Today I have been doing some homework, and I just don’t like it anymore.
3. My husband is a rock star! I came home yesterday, and he had cleaned the kitchen. We had dishes stacked up in the sink, and there was a lot to clean. He did a great job, and it really made my day.
4. Bandit is getting a bit snotty in his old age. He doesn’t seem to want to snuggle very much lately. I don’t know if it is because of the medicine he has been on, but it is very sad. Rose on the other hand has become quite the snuggler and will actually squish me in order to sleep on part of my pillow at night.
5. My sister and I have started a routine of doing at least one hike each weekend. Last weekend we did two hikes, and this weekend we are planning two. She takes her black lab, Max, and I switch my dogs. Today I took Rose, then took Bandit on a shorter walk when I got home. I think this is the best solution. The hikes are about an hour to an hour and a half and really wear Rose down. The walks with Bandit are slower and more at his pace. We all get our exercise and are happy campers.
6. My mom broke her arm last weekend. After we had gone on our hike, she fell up the deck stairs, broke her arm and jammed the bone in. She is now in a cast and is in immense pain. We had Mom and Dad over for dinner on Wednesday since she really can’t cook anything in her current state. She should be back to normal in about 4-6 weeks.
7. I missed a day of taking a photo. The day my parents were here for dinner, I completely blanked out and didn’t take a picture. It’s the first day I have missed since I started this journey in June. So sad 😦 At least this year is 366 days since it is a leap year. I guess I can still technically take 365 photos this year. 🙂
8. I really want to get better at blogging. I want to get on here and blog at least every other day. I miss you guys and want to feed your insatiable appetite for my fine prose.
Here are my photos for the days that I did remember to take photos. Enjoy 🙂
Mr. Bandit enjoying another sunset earlier this week. Isn’t he so photogenic?
One of my classes requires me to implement a new writing activity each week, and the professor wants photos of the students’ work or me teaching the lesson. Here is a picture of one of my girls sharing her writing. For those who are not used to reading the phonetic spelling of a first grader, this is what she wrote: I love my puppy. She likes to play with my stuffed dog. She is brown. Her name is Kiley.”
Here is Bandit enjoying the sunset this evening. I try to take photos of Rose during sunset time, but with the lens I had on and with her being black, the shutter stays open longer. Believe it or not, she doesn’t stay still very well which makes for a blurry photo. Hence why there are so many photos of Mr. B.