So, I’m going to start something new. I don’t care if you like it or not, I want to. A lot of people on the blogosphere have been doing “Five Thing Friday.” I think the number 5 is a rather odd number. (Haha! Get it… I’m a math nerd. 5 is an odd number).
Anyways, I get bored on Sunday nights, so I am going to start a list type of post each Sunday evening. If you have been reading this blog for more than 6 minutes, you should know that I like lists. (I almost typed 5 minutes, but that would kind of negate the fact that I didn’t want to use 5 above.)
This week I am doing 6 confessions. I hope you enjoy. And if you are just here for pictures, I have a few, but am definitely not caught up yet.
Without further ado… 6 Thing Sunday
1. I do not read everything I should for my Masters classes. I have learned to skim very well. For example, I did not read the chapter I was supposed to last week. We had a quiz on it today and I got a 100%. Granted, I was able to use my book, I was still impressed with myself.
2. I highly dislike cleaning. I wish I liked cleaning. I really do because I like the look of clean things, but I do not like the process of cleaning. It sucks.
3. I sleep with a teddy bear and a stuffed penguin. The teddy bear was given to me from my grandpa on my first birthday. I have never slept without him… except a few times. First, he got locked in the cedar chest in a closet once. It was a rough winter for me (and probably for him). We found him the following spring. Second, he did not go to Italy with me. I was scared to death that I would lose him. I am sure he would have loved the culture of Italy, but I didn’t want to risk him. Third, he did not go on my honeymoon with me. The reasoning was the same as why he did not go to Italy with me.
4. I am a pen snob. I have a red pen case with all of my “chosen” pens. If a pen is not in my red pen case, then it is dead to me. I have an assortment of sharpie pens, BIC pens, a special multi-colored pen, and my super special pencils with 5 mm lead. I do not like writing with anything else.
5. I don’t really like alcohol. I can probably count the number of times I have actually been drunk on my two hands. I didn’t really drink until I was 21 (besides the occasional sips here and there). I didn’t even get drunk on my 21st birthday… that’s a story for another day. I don’t like the taste of alcohol that much, and I really don’t like the feeling of being drunk.
And last… 6… I hate when people comment on my weight. I am skinny. I am aware of this fact. I have a high metabolism. I am sorry that you don’t. If you wouldn’t want me to say something about your weight, then don’t say anything about mine… even if you think it’s a compliment. This is a huge pet peeve and drives me nuts!!
So, there are 6 random things that you probably never needed to know about me, nor really care about. I do hope that I helped you use up some of your Sunday evening reading instead of doing something terrible, like cleaning or reading a textbook.
And now to some pictures… Enjoy!
Here is Bandit trying to lie down on two large stuffed animals. They were stacked on top of each other, but he knocked the stack over and fluffed it up until it was perfect for him to lie on. Such a silly dog.
This picture is from my writing lesson on Friday. I am teaching my firsties how do persuasive writing. One of my students wanted to write a letter to his mom to try and get a hamster. This is what the class and I came up with.
I hope to be back with you sooner rather than later.