This past week has been the laziest one I have had all summer! I have ignored most responsibilities and have not done much at all. I don’t feel good about it, so it will change soon! I think part of the problem is that we are having one of the hottest summers on record and I am almost 5 months pregnant. Those two things together make me not want to do anything at all.
I have done a bit better the past couple days, but overall it has been bad. Today I have done a load of laundry (hanging out to dry right now), a load of dishes, and made lunch for Hubs and me. Now that Hubs is on a different schedule, lunch is our big meal of the day. I have done a pretty good job of making sure to make lunch for us and not run out and grab something. I am not at all tempted to go out and grab something for dinner, but I find that I just grab some easy at home (cereal, mac and cheese, etc.). This is good because I am not spending money, but it’s not good because I am not getting all the nutrition that I need to get (mainly for the baby). I have also slacked off on the walking lately. I did great for about a week, but lately it’s already about 90 degrees by 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning. Not fun for anyone!
Lately I have been feeling a bit down. I know everyone seems to think teachers have it great because they have summers off, and don’t get me wrong, I love it. But I am getting bored of no real schedule. I miss having something that makes me get up in the mornings. I miss having something that forced me to get my days started. I don’t like feeling this way, so I am going to start writing a schedule for each day. I am going to spend tomorrow relaxing and have the weekend with Hubs, but on Monday it will be more of a schedule so I can get back in the groove of things and hopefully feel better.
I have not completed all of my goal lists, but here are a few that I have been thinking about…
- Walk 30 miles in the month of July. My route that I take with the dogs is about 2.75 miles. If I aim to walk 30 miles this month, then that means I am walking about 12 days this month. I think this is completely doable (especially with 31 days in the month).
- Stretch daily. I need to start stretching to prep my body for this baby. My sister is letting me borrow her exercise ball, and that is how I stretch my back. I need to do a bit of research to find some good stretches for this point in my pregnancy.
- Go to school twice a week. My plan is to go each Tuesday and Thursday for about 2-3 hours a day. The time might increase as we get closer to the beginning of the year.
- Plan first two days of school. We have two half days to start the year, so I should be able to get those days planned with no problem.
- Review lesson plans from last year and loosely plan the first month. I have a student teacher from August to the end of November, so I want to make sure I am planned and ready to mentor her.
- Stay on budget! Two months in a row this has not been going well. It HAS to happen!
- Eat out only 4 times this month (money comes from our eating out budget). I can only think of 2 times that we already have planned to eat out: one breakfast with friends and a lunch before our doctor’s appointment. If I go out with friends or just Hubs go out with friends, the money comes from our MAD money, so that does not count against our eating out budget.
Those are all the goals I have for now. It seems like a lot, but it really isn’t too bad. I will probably have more goals to share before Monday.
How has your July started? I hope it is going well!!