Do you ever have those days that don’t seem so bad, but once you start reflecting you start get frustrated or angry with a lot of things? Maybe it is just me. Today wasn’t a terrible day by any stretch of the imagination, but on the drive home and once I got home and settled down, I just got more and more frustrated. Here are a few things that have frustrated me today:
- We have a child in my room who takes massive amounts of extra time, energy, patience, work, etc. That is all I can say about it. It has been a very rough past couple of days, and it is starting to wear on me. I feel like I can’t give this child the help he/she needs. I don’t feel like I have the support I need, either.
- My husband’s work is bidding on their schedule, and since he is low man on the totem pole, he usually ends up with shifts that are not ideal. It looks like he will most likely be working Monday through Friday 2-10 July through January of next year. During the summer, this is not a problem, but when the school year begins, I will basically be a single mom during the week until he gets home at 10:30. We will miss out on any family time during the week, as he and I will not get to see each other until Saturday and Sunday. And I will still have to find time to do homework, school work, and house work.
- I am on our school’s negotiations team, and it has been a long process trying to negotiate to get what we feel we deserve. We had a meeting today, and I didn’t get home until about 5:30.
- I slept horribly last night. I woke up starving at midnight, so I got a bowl of cereal. I woke up at some point with a leg cramp that still hurt when I got up this morning.
- Bandit will not quit scratching, and it is getting to the point that I can barely control Rose because of how pregnant I am and how strong she is. Bandit’s paws are bright red, and he has at least one open wound on his leg due to scratching/biting from allergies.
- The doorbell rang about 10 minutes ago (6:45ish), and it was a political person trying to gain votes. This makes me mad in and of itself, but it is also very hard for me to deal with the dogs when the doorbell rang. I am really ready for this election to be over with.
- I am tired of being pregnant. I also know that I should not complain about this fact, especially with what I have been through, and what I know some people close to me have been/are going through. After my miscarriage I thought I would never complain about being pregnant… only grateful. Unfortunately I am so uncomfortable anymore, and am just ready to have my body back. (Not my shape necessarily… I know that will take a while, but to have my body back and not have a baby taking up residence in there.)
I think that is probably enough complaining for one night. I need to just relax, but my to-do list has barely been touched. My house is a wreck, and I know people are going to tell me to take it easy and enjoy the last month or so of being baby-free, but I can’t handle the house the way it is. What I really want to do is just go to bed right now. What will happen when I am finished is that I will work on school work stuff, and then try to get a couple things checked off my to-do list.
Tomorrow is a new day, and I need to start it off with a better attitude.