The lovely Carla spends a little time every Friday reflecting on her week. She picks five things to think about and write about. I think this is a great idea and thought I would try it too! So here are my 5:
1. Exercise. This was one of my goals that I made earlier this week, and I made myself get out of the house this morning and get moving! I took Miss C with me, and we did the first day of Couch 2 5K. I have tried this before, but found that it was difficult to keep up with the time intervals using a watch. Luckily I used my smartphone for good and downloaded a free app. I was able to set up my phone in the stroller, and it would let me know when I needed to change from walking to jogging and back again. Made the process a lot easier!
2. Snuggles. Last night Miss C wouldn’t calm down and go to sleep. She has been a rock star sleeper from the beginning, so it is usually odd when it takes her longer than about 15 minutes to settle down and sleep. After 30 minutes of fussing and rolling around, I went in her room and rocked her. I have never really rocked her to sleep, and I have always made the point of putting her to bed awake, so she would learn how to fall asleep on her own. Well, I rocked her and snuggled with her for about 10 minutes, put her in bed, and she fell fast asleep. Best feeling in the world to be able to comfort your baby!
3. Good News. I got two sets of good news earlier this week. I can’t really elaborate on them yet, but hopefully I will be able to share more in the next week or so. Good news always makes the week better!
4. Happy Mail! I got some happy mail today (should have gotten it yesterday if I would have actually gotten the mail yesterday). A dear friend from my home town, one who I viewed as a second mother, sent a very sweet handwritten note and some money for me to spend on Miss C. She didn’t have to do that, but it made my heart swell. I plan on going out today and picking up an outfit for Miss C. I will take a picture and send it to her, so she gets to see where her money went.
5. Flowers. The other day I was taking the dogs outside and noticed some tall purple flowers. i think they are thistles, but I am not sure. They are very spiky, and the leaves look a little scary. I ventured out today in the heat and humidity to snap a couple pictures. my lens actually fogged up a couple times because of the mugginess. Here they are (if you know what kind of flower they are, I would love to find out. They are just growing wild behind our place.)