We are halfway through October, and I have not done a very good job at checking in each week. Time to get down to the nitty gritty and see how things are going…
October Challenges (Nothing like skipping a couple of months)
- Stick to the budget (My budget is already made, I just need to stick to it.)- I would give myself a C. I have done relatively well, but we have had a few expenses that were not planned or necessary.
- Spend no more than $100 on Cadence’s first birthday (this includes gifts, food, decorations, etc.)- I have spent nothing yet, so it’s hard to tell how much I will. I guess I am on track so far. 🙂
- Balance checkbook each night. (I am terrible at this!)– I get a B. I have kept up with it more than once a week… which is more than it used to get done. It is not currently balanced, as Hubs and I both filled up our cars today, and I haven’t put that in yet.
- Put $200 into savings. (I currently have it budgeted to put in $150, so I will need to scrimp and scrape to try and get up to $200)– I have put $10 in so far, but have $95 waiting to be deposited when I go to the bank. I think I will be able to accomplish this, thanks to some awesome photography clients!
- Finish ABC challenge (You can follow my challenge on my Facebook Page.)– A+! I did it! I finished A-Z! I want to do another challenge, but I think I will wait until busy season is over, and possibly try on in the new year.
- Try to book one more session in October.- A+! I am booked more than I had anticipated. I am busy every weekend from now until Thanksgiving. Only one of those weekends am I busy with other things besides photography (the weekend of Miss C’s birthday party… I didn’t think I could handle the party and do a photo session).
- No snacking on candy at work– Big fat F! Stress level at work is just too high!
- Take a walk at least 15 days this month– I have walked 3 times this week. I probably need to pick it up a bit if I am going to make it to 15.
- No pop for the whole month of October!– Another big fat F! I think I need to adjust this goal. Instead of saying no pop, I need to limit it to a certain amount each week. Maybe 2 a week. Then I can decrease from there.
- Keep the house picked up (Pick up after myself with everything)- Maybe a C. I haven’t left the house a mess, and I do try to clean up a bit.
- Do one load of laundry everyday- D. I did well for a while. I ended up doing all the laundry this past weekend. I don’t yet have enough for a full load yet, but once I get enough, I will do one a day.
- Get weeds pulled in the back yard- F. No time yet.
- Finish painting kitchen cabinets- C. I did finish one set, and started painting another set. I don’t know if this will get completely done this month.
- Make my quiet time a priority and make it more meaningful.- C. I started out the month doing very well with this, but unfortunately I have let it fall to the side. I am still working through the book of James.
- Go to church each Sunday.– F. Haven’t done it yet. Miss C’s schedule is not the best for church right now. I shouldn’t let that be an excuse, but she takes a morning nap at the exact time of church. And she is not a child who will sleep anywhere other than her crib or pack and play.
So I guess I am doing ok. Not the best though.