Before I get started with my menu plan, I would like to review a few things I have learned today:
1. 3:00 AM seems to be a great time for our government to strip teachers of their rights.
2. Check the basement for a little brown and white dog when you go back upstairs. He is rather stealthy and doesn’t always follow you up immediately. (He was finally found by Hubs a little bit later.)
3. I have high expectations for those around me, especially when it comes to being professional and taking your job seriously. Others do not feel this way.
4. I REALLY need to break the habit of going to bed and then browsing online on my phone. I am always tired the next day, and it is a waste of perfect sleeping time.
5. I am not going to make it through April without my coffee. I enjoyed my coffee yesterday morning (it was a client meeting, therefore a business write-off, therefore I don’t think it counted). I am really wanting some right now!
6. I really do have the best friends a girl could ask for. And the best part is that I work with some of them and get to see them almost everyday! I am so lucky!
So, there is what I have learned for the day. It has been an up and down kind of day. Hopefully the afternoon will go smoothly, and I am able to get some things done around here.
Now on to the lighter side of today’s post… a menu for the week!
I will start with this past weekend just to get you all up to speed:
Saturday, April 5: Grilled hotdogs and brats! I did try to make homemade fries. I burned them, but I think they would be good. I have one more potato left, so I may try to make a very small batch and see if those turn out.
FYI: This was our first meal that we have grilled out this spring, and it was delicious! I love using the grill, so it was a nice treat!
Sunday, April 6: Sweet and sour chicken. This was ok. It was too sweet for my liking, and we weren’t thrilled with how the texture turned out. Miss C enjoyed it for the most part. It was pretty labor intensive, so I don’t think I will make it again… and I almost started a fire, so another reason to not try it again.
Monday, April 7: Slow cooker salsa chicken. This is a recipe that we haven’t tried before. It sounds really good and simple, so hopefully it will be a homerun, and we can add it to our regular rotation. We will probably throw on some shredded cheddar cheese when we make our soft tacos. But other than that, we will follow the recipe exactly.
Tuesday, April 8: We are going out to dinner to celebrate my sister’s birthday. No cooking for us!
Wednesday, April 9: I was going to make homemade pizza, but I may have to readjust and wait until the weekend. I am out of sugar, and I need it to make the dough. I will pick some up this weekend while at the grocery store.
Thursday, April 10: Tortellini Bake. This sounds yummy! We both love pasta, so hopefully another good one!
Friday, April 10: Chicken stir fry. No recipe, just chicken, snow peas, carrots, onions, mushrooms. Stir fry and add a store bought stir-fry sauce. Serve with rice.
Saturday, April 11: With Hubs’ schedule change, he will now be working Saturdays 12:00-10:00pm. (But we get Sundays off together now!) He will leave home at 11:15, so we will have early lunches together as a family. For lunch I will make chicken kabobs and grill them out. I just use italian dressing as a marinade for them. I will prep them first thing in the morning, let them sit in the fridge for a while, then start grilling around 10:15. We can eat right around 11:00, then he can scoot out.
For dinner I plan to make a stromboli for Miss C and I. This recipe doesn’t have a cooking temp or time, so I am going to just go with what is on my can of pizza dough and hope it turns out.
Sunday, April 12: Again, because Hubs is home now for the day, I feel it necessary to actually make a lunch and dinner. I used to just wing it when it was Miss C and I and wouldn’t make much or worry about it. Now that it is a family meal, though, I need to prep more.
For lunch I will make toasted ravioli. It seems easy enough and sounds yummy!
For dinner I will make tacos. I have a photo shoot (depending on the weather… it’s calling for rain right now) from 6-7 and will need to leave around 5:30. Taco are quick and easy and I can have them made by 5:00 and eat before I need to leave.
There ya have it!
What is on your menu this week?