Monday Run Down


So this is what my desk looked like when the kids walked out of the room today at 3:05.  A MESS!  Oh, and I have a sub coming in for me tomorrow.

Needless to say, I stayed until 4:00 today, which is the latest I have stayed at school all year.  I typically get to school around 7:00 in the morning (an hour early) and then am out of there at 3:35.  I am so much more of a morning person that it works better for me.

I am happy to say that my desk was cleaned, my sub plans typed (all 5 pages of them), and all work was ready to go by the time I left at 4:00.  I was pretty proud at how nice my desk looked!  I can guarantee that it will not look as nice as it does now until I have another sub in March. 🙂  The desk is a clutter trap that I have never been able to overcome!

So here is a quick run down of my Monday:

4:00- Alarm went off, snooze was hit
4:10- Alarm went off, I actually “woke up” (aka checked my phone, ate my banana, laced up the running shoes)
4:25- Made it to the treadmill and ran 3.25 miles (I am only 1.36 miles away from my goal of 35 for the month!)
5:00- Showered and started getting ready
5:30- Munchkin woke up (and woke up Hubs)
6:05- Started getting dinner in the crock pot
6:45- Finally left the house
7:10- Made it to school and started working on things for the day
8:00- Kids came in the room whether I was ready or not
10:20- One of my kiddos pukes outside the classroom (on his way to the office to go home)
11:40- Lunch; get to socialize with one of my favorite neighbor teachers
12:05- Long, luxurious, 25 minute lunch is over
12:15- Get to see my para’s beautiful face again! (She had surgery last week, and I missed her dearly!)
1:05- Children go to specials, I hunker down to work on sub stuff for tomorrow
1:15- Superintendent walks in to just shoot the breeze and chat to see how things are going
1:35- Superintendent finally leaves so I can actually get to work again
2:00- Children come back from specials
2:30- Children go to recess.  I stay in to work and help students with math
2:45- Children come back in from recess.  I try to get all end of the day things done in 20 minutes (this is very difficult).
3:05- Children leave.  You have seen what my desk looks like at this point.
4:00- Finally leave school to go home, feeling 90% ok with the sub plans and activities I left.  (I don’t think I ever feel 100% ok with everything.  I always think I have forgotten something or haven’t planned enough)
4:25- Filled up tank for $16.55! (And I had less than a quarter of a tank left!)
4:30- Get home, play outside with the family.
5:00- Come inside to work on dinner.
5:25- Eat dinner
5:45- Help Little missy clean up her toys
6:10- Bath time for the munchkin; Start blog post.
6:35- Finish bath time, don’t finish blog post.
6:40- Mickey Time and finish blog post!

I don’t think I can express to you how happy I am to have tomorrow off.  I am taking the little one to the dermatologist for her yearly check-up for her hemangiomas.  Hubs is going to a funeral for most of the day, so I am on my own with Miss C.  We will also try to meet up with my sister, since we haven’t seen her since the holidays.  And as always, I have a list of things I would like to get done at home tomorrow as well.

Hopefully it will be a productive day tomorrow!

Have you had a busy Monday or has it been pretty relaxed?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s