Sorry about a no-picture post… again. I have been finishing up some editing and whatnot for clients, so my personal photos get pushed to the side. I actually have another session coming up in about a week and a half, so I am super excited about it!
So, like every month, November has snuck up on me without really noticing it. I need to do a re-cap of my October goals (which is going to be horrific) and let you know some of my November goals.
1. Get emergency fund up to $1000. We are very close and I know we can do it this month. Once we do this, we will be on our way to pay off debt at a faster rate. Big Fail! We were close and then we had some issues with Direct Loans and ended up paying a student loan twice, which we had to cover with some emergency money.
2. Do a better job at staying on budget. The areas that are most affected by this are the grocery category on a weekly occurrence and the eating out budget each month. I already went over on the grocery budget this past weekend because we had to restock a lot of household supplies. (Hubs face moisturizer, laundry detergent, paper towels, toothpaste, etc.) That stuff adds up (I even used coupons and bought on sale items for all of those). I would give myself a C. I did pretty well some weeks, but definitely not on budget as much as I would like.
3. Update budget weekly. I got bad about this last month and then I would have to go back and figure out what I was missing and whatnot. It took too much time. I don’t want that to happen this month. Another fail! I am terrible at remembering to do this. I tend to sit down when it’s time to pay bills and have to backlog all kinds of information. If I just spent 5-10 minutes a night, I wouldn’t have this problem.
Health and Fitness
1. Eat a fruit at each lunch. This is hard for me. I like sweet, but when I crave sweet, I want candy. Not fruit. I need to pack one each day for lunch and make sure to eat some each day. I would give myself a B. With the help of my lunch buddy, I have been doing pretty well at this. I am not so good on the weekends, but during the weeks I do a relatively good job. Today I brought an orange but it was so tart, I couldn’t force myself to finish it.
2. Walk a dog at least 3x a week. I am really good at walking Rose on Saturdays and/or Sundays. I need to buckle down and walk her or Bandit during the week also. F! Another fail! I suck at this goal each month. Maybe someday I will get better.
1. Try to get each week planned during the week. I am very bad at spending all day Sunday at school or at home doing school work. I need to get better at using my time at school to do school stuff. Another fail! In fact I find that I plan one day in advance. Not so good if I have to get a sub. This will probably be another goal for November.
2. Keep better notes. I am not good at noting a lot of things that I probably should at school. I need to get better at doing this. I bought a notebook ($0.94, even though I really wanted the cute one that was $2.74) today at Wal-mart and will try to get in the habit of writing things down. I give myself a C. I have gotten better than I was at the beginning of the month, but I do not keep enough notes. I have started to keep even more notes during my small group time, so I do think this will be even better with more time.
3. Keep a positive attitude. The days that I go in to school and am positive, the better the day goes. I need to start the day right everyday so we can have a good day everyday. Fail! I am a cranky B. I try to start my day in a positive manner, but it seems as though there is always something that really makes me mad or bugs me to the point that I am irked by the time the kids get in the room.
1. Dedicate 3 hours during the week to do homework. I have a bad habit of not doing any work for one class until Saturday. That leaves me working for 5-6 hours straight, and it would be much easier if I spread it out more. I failed this one! I haven’t been spending as much time on the weekends doing work, but I think that is because one of the professors has made the assignments easier to complete. Again, something I need to work on.
1. Leave the house more with Hubs. We seem to spend a lot of time in front of the tv on our couch. We need to make time to go on walks or hang out outside of the living room. I don’t think we have done very well at this. We don’t have much money to go do stuff, and it’s getting cold and neither of us like cold, so I don’t know how this will go.
2. Keep up with washing my face nightly. I have never been good at this, but have been doing better this past week. I hope to keep it up, and I am sure my face will thank me. Another fail. I just got out of the habit. Need to start it back up.
3. Start on Christmas cards this month. I know it is early, but if I do a couple a week, they will be done in no time! I get a gold star on this one! I did it! I have them started and even have a few finished! I need to figure out a complete list of who to send them to so I know exactly how many I need to make.
4. Take a picture a day! I have already missed a couple days, and I don’t want to miss anymore. Another fail. I have been so busy with lots of stuff, that my photo a day has been pushed to the side. I am not completely behind, but there are definitely some gaps in there.
5. Shoot and edit 2 photo sessions this month. These are already booked for a few weeks out, but I want to try and get everything edited and ready to go by the end of the month. This is an in between. I actually did 4 photo sessions and got 2 edited during the month. My third session was finished up last night and I am planning on finishing my fourth session tonight.
And now on to my November goals… many of them will be very similar to my October goals. One big difference is that we no longer have cable! That means that I have more time to do what I need/should be doing rather than turning my brain into mush in front of the television.
1. Get emergency fund up to $850. It is just going that high because we have some expenses coming up this month and we are unable to put in as much as normal.
2. Stay on budget. We are going to try it again.
3. Make at least $100 on the side through photo sessions and/or ebay sales.
4. Update budget daily… Yeah, we are going to try for daily.
Health and Fitness
1. Continue eating a fruit a day at lunch.
2. Do something active 3x a week. This could be take the dogs for a walk or do a yoga DVD. If I start now, that means I need to do something tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday to even get started on the right track.
1. Get on top of planning. Good luck to me on this one.
2. Try to incorporate one fun activity a week.
3. Keep trying to write notes more often.
4. Keep a positive attitude.
1. Do some sort of homework each night. Even if this is read for 30 minutes, it will help spread things out a bit more.
1. Get back on the wagon with taking a daily picture.
2. Not just wash my face nightly, but also floss and brush my teeth. Judge me if you want, but I don’t always do that each night because I am too tired.
3. Finish Christmas cards.
4. Shoot and edit one photo session this month.
5. Blog at least 3 times a week.
I think that is it for now. Maybe I will actually get some passing grades this month. Wish me luck… and feel free to check in to see how my progress is going.